Friday, 11 December 2015

Lesuirely Lunch at Gordon St Garage

With all the small, 'hole in the wall' cafes on a rise these days, Gordon St Garage was like an airy and spacious dream. I never knew it was so close to Harbour Town (now Water Town, but really, who calls it that?), if I did, Gordon St Garage would have been my go to place for lunch after shopping! Located in a renovated garage, Gordon St Garage has high ceilings, an abundance of natural lighting and plenty of seating, making it such a wonderful place to eat, drink coffee and talk. I absolutely loved the decor, especially the the booths we sat in, the seats were re-upholstered bus seats. The afternoon we visited was quite empty, making our lunch leisurely and at ease.

Avocado, heirloom tomatoes: $17.00
As I was craving something fresh, I knew the avocado and heirloom tomatoes with wholemeal sourdough toast was the dish for me. The dish was uncomplicated in its flavours and presentation, fresh and creamy avocado, heirloom tomatoes mixed together with olive oil, basil and lemon with some lightly toasted bread. Simple, fresh, it had the perfect balance of sourness, creaminess and freshness. I thoroughly enjoyed this dish. Together with my lunch I also had a soy flat white and a glass of orange juice, which were both superb.

Honey roasted pumpkin pizza: $22.00
My sister ordered the honey roasted pumpkin pizza with rosemary, sage and pine nuts. This pizza was super cheesy and so delicious. All the elements went well together, with its classic combination of flavours. 

Asaparagus, zucchini: $19.00
My mum ordered something lighter, the asparagus, zucchini, pomegranate and witlof salad. The salad was quaint and pretty with thin ribbons of zucchini and red pomegranate jewels. We couldn't make out what the dressing was, although it had distinct Asian flavours. Both my mum and sister thoroughly loved the dish!

To finish off, we ordered a piece of gluten free chocolate cake. It took awhile to get to us, and the waitress was super kind to give it to us free of charge. The cake itself was dense and rich, but the dried raspberries cut through the cake. It went perfectly with Gordon St Garage's coffee. I really love this place, the food was great and the atmosphere and service was on point. I look forward to going to Gordon St Garage again. I think next time, we'll go for breakfast!

Gordon St Garage Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato