Sunday, 20 September 2015

THE Place to Be: Hylin, West Leederville


Hylin seems to be THE place to grab brunch nowadays and during my last visit I can totally see why. It was bustling with all the good sounds of coffee, food and conversation, it was bright and airy with wide open windows and the constant flow of people taking away coffee or dining in made the atmosphere lively and quick, perfect to catch up with friends and talk endlessly. 
Smashed avocado & eggs: $ 15.50

For brunch I ordered the smashed avocado on toast, beautifully presented to me it came with two perfectly cooked poached eggs, two slices of toasted sourdough, creamy avocado and fresh rocket. I really enjoyed it, the avocado was fresh and creamy, the sourdough had a crunchy crust and it soaked up the runny yolks from the poached eggs and the rocket leaves balanced the dish out with freshness. One thing that I could have done without was the oil and the fried shallots. I wasn't too sure what kind of oil it was, I'm thinking maybe chilli oil? Although it wasn't overpowering, it did slightly steal away the freshness and healthy taste of the avocado. It was the same case for the shallots, it made the dish heavier and the contrasts between western and Asian flavours came out to be slightly strange. Other than that I was so satisfied with brunch and the soy latte that I had!

Breakfast bruschetta: $14.50
My friend ordered the breakfast bruschetta which came with a poached egg, rocket, cherry tomato, avocado, feta and fried shallots on ciabatta. Again it was beautifully presented and she also mentioned the other day that she couldn't stop thinking out it, apparently it was one of her favourite brunch dishes! Hylin also does beautiful mochas! I'm super eager to try out their lunch menu,I have my eye on their mushroom and halloumi burger!
Hylin Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato