Tuesday, 8 September 2015

Chilled Vibes and Basic Food at Moana Coffee

Moana Coffee is what I would call a hidden gem; it's small and cozy, with simple food and drinks right in the middle of the city. A few weeks ago I came here for a quick lunch. The menu at Moana serves up basic but tasty dishes. I ordered the toasted quesadilla with roasted zucchini, cheese and avocado, that came with a small salad on the side. The salad was pretty sad, it was a mix leaf salad with diced tomatoes, corn and onion, with no dressing. Nothing special about it, it was sort of just there on the plate. The quesadilla was nicely toasted with oozing cheese, not extraordinary but nice and simple. My mum had the rosemary bagel which was full of flavour and had that characteristic bagel bite to it. The only slight problem we had with it was that it came with butter already on it, it's just a nit picky thing as we prefer to spread butter ourselves. I wouldn't recommend the matcha latte, although it was beautiful, it was very weak tasting and tasted slightly fishy... (I think I'm going to make a matcha post soon because I strangely have a lot of thoughts on it, so look out for if you're interested!) On a brighter note, the coffee was delicious! The atmosphere is what I like most about Moana, it's chilled out, there's a gallery adjacent to the cafe, it's not overly crowded or loud as most people takeaway, and it's a great place to watch people past by on Hay Street and read a good book.
Click to add a blog post for Moana Coffee on Zomato