Monday, 19 January 2015

Weekly Photoset | Hectic Organic Wholesomeness

Taiyaki from Takadanobaba area. Taiyaki literally translates to tai (red sea bream) grill/bake, it's basically a fish shaped pancake with filling inside it, the one in the picture is red bean paste which is the standard filling. You can also get fillings like custard, ice-cream, cream etc. These are the best Japanese street snacks ever. So good.
Harajuku | This is a shopping complex near Omotesando in Harajuku, it's like a kaleidoscope of people and the city.

The view from my grand-aunt's place. Look how peaceful and still it is. This photo was taken when the sun started to set, around 4:00PM.
Simplicity at it's best, onigiri with dried shrimp and omochi (glutinous rice balls) wrapped in seaweed. Lunch at my grand-aunt's place is always wholesome and delicious.
So I'm back, in Perth. Coming back from any trip always makes me feel sad, especially looking out the window of a plane and recognizing that you're leaving. I had such a good time and it went by so quickly as most things do. I'm still determined to post Weekly Photosets about the trip and other facets of my life. We'll see how it goes. Anyway, for this week, the photos I've chosen I took while staying at my grand-aunt's place near Shinjuku. Since she lives nearer to the main city, my sister and I did a shopping trip one day where we stopped by Harajuku, Shinjuku and Shibuya. The crowded and hectic space of the big city really contrasted against the openness and calmness of my grand-aunt's house. It's not as crowded or noisy compared to my grandmother's place. These photos basically represent that week, which was calm yet busy and somewhat organic, if that makes any sense.