Monday, 24 November 2014

If I Stay by Gayle Forman Review


 If I Stay by Gayle Forman was mediocre. It didn't really have an impact on me. This book is about the main characters decision to stay, or to depart. And when I say depart, I mean passing on. I really liked the idea of how when someone is in a state of a limbo, which Mia finds herself in, they ultimately make the choice whether or not to live. The language was simple and it was easy to read, the plot was cheesy in a feel good kind of way and I thought the concept of it was great. I wasn't really happy with the ending though, although that would make me sound like a pessimist (which I usually am). I think it would have made more of an impact if the opposite of the ending happened. I'm trying to be vague here in case I ruin it for people who hasn't read or seen the book! But I'm sorry if I've ruined it for you somehow.



The blurb on the back of the book isn't so clear in this photo, so here's what it says:

In an instant, Mia's whole world is shattered, leaving her with only questions.
What happens if she leaves? If she loves? If she stays?
Heartbreaking, romantic, and ultimately filled with hope, this is a powerful story of love and loss, and finding the courage to make the right decision when you life is literally in your hands.

It's a great book to read if you want something easy and light to read. It's not superbly intense or mind blowing, it's simple and enjoyable. Although I do regret spending about sixteen dollars on it, I could have just borrowed it from the library. I'm keen on watching the movie though, to see how it plays out on the big screen!