Monday, 20 October 2014

Bagels and Burritos at Little Willy's, Northbridge

Little Willy's is an inconspicuous little cafe located in Northbridge, that has affordable and delicious food, it also has a wide range of vegetarian options. Last week, we wanted to go to the much talked about Tuck Shop Cafe, however because it was a Monday, it was closed! So we settled on Little Willy's and I'm so glad we did! Monday's in Northbridge are rather quiet be cause most places are closed for the day, I've always wondered why this was, does anybody know?


There is a giant blackboard hung on the wall that acts as the menu. The dishes on offer at Little Willy's have a simplicity about them, they offer a range of burritos, bagels, salads and they also specialize in coffee!

Since it was a super hot day, I decided to get a refreshing apple and grapefruit juice, I'm so glad I did. It was light and fresh, and the amount of bitterness from the grapefruit was perfect. For lunch I ordered the pumpkin, spinach and feta burrito that came with a side salad. It was all warm and toasted which I love, and the burrito wrap had a great bite to it!

My mum ordered the vego bagel. Before the trip to Little Willy's I had never tried a bagel before, as far as I can remember anyway. And I really like it. It's the texture of bagels that really hits the spot, it's dense and chewy and it's so photogenic! The bagel came with tomatoes, greens, avocado and cream cheese, it was quite light but it was also filling. Little Willy's also offer a chocolate bagel with either, peanut butter, cream cheese or Nutella for breakfast and don't you think that sounds amazing?! You can also add some bananas! I can't wait to try that out next time I'm Northbridge.
My sister had the chicken salad. It was fresh and healthy, although I think I would have preferred it without the chicken. The chicken was interesting, we couldn't guess what the spices on the chicken was, however to my taste buds, it reminded me slightly of chicken nuggets, which aren't really my thing, but if you like that sort of flavour, definitely go for the chicken salad!
I really liked the atmosphere of the place, it was calm and laid back and it wasn't all too noisy. The decor and furniture were all eclectic  and somewhat indie. It's a great place to get some yummy simple food!
Little Willy's on Urbanspoon