Thursday, 11 September 2014

Lunching at Jamie's Italian Perth

I mentioned in this post that I would make a Jamie's Italian review, which is this post today. I came here after class with one of my friends to catch up and have lunch a few weeks ago. It was the first time I went to Jamie's Italian, and seeing as there is a lot of hype about it, my expectations were high. The inside of the restaurant is really loud, you can't tell from outside, but it's very noisy. We were seated and given our menus, first by a drinks waiter and then after we were served by another waiter. 

When we walked in, I noticed that there were tables with bread laid out, it looked a bit like a self serve buffet, and I thought this was the case. But it's not! So don't go and help yourself to the bread like we almost did! The bread is actually there for waiters to cut up and serve if a table orders bread.

We ordered the variety of Italian bread, which came with different kinds of bread in twos, which was great seeing as there was two of us. It came with flat and crispy bread, two bread sticks, ciabatta bread and olive oil and rosemary bread. It also came with some olive oil and balsamic vinegar. The bread tasted really good and surprisingly not stale. However, I question the cleanliness and the amount of time the breads have spent sitting out in the open.





Variety of Italian bread: $1.50

For mains I ordered the pumpkin panzerotti, which was pasta filled with roasted squash, ricotta and parmesan, in a pumpkin, chilli and rosemary butter with smashed amaretti. When it first came out, which was quick by the way, I was quite surprised at the serving size. Even though I did order the small serve, I expected it to be bigger. It wasn't a big problem for me because we ordered bread and a side, but it might be for some people. It was really good, the texture of the housemade pasta was perfectly soft and chewy and the flavour combinations were sweet and slightly spicy. However, the dish got cold quickly, I'm not sure whether it was because I eat too slow or because the pasta on the plate were spread about. Oh and I was surprised by the amaretti, I thought they were supposed to be crunchy and biscuit-y, but they weren't. Was it supposed to be like that?

Pumpkin panzerotti (small): $14.00
 Most dishes at Jamie's Italian come with the option of a small or big serving, I ordered the small. My friend ordered a small Jool's favourite Sicilian tuna fusilli. We also ordered a bowl of their famous polenta chips with rosemary and parmesan. These were so good! They're so filling though. Overall it was a great lunch, it was reasonably priced too; we ended up paying $37.50 all together. I wouldn't go there everyday or insist on going every week, but once in a while I think it's a great place to have lively conversations with friends and/or family.















Jamie's Italian on Urbanspoon