Sunday, 14 September 2014

Late Breakfast at Metrio & Co. | North Perth

The other day we had a late breakfast at Metrio & Co. in North Perth. It's a small-ish cafe that serves delicious food with really friendly service. 

I had the potato rosti, with sautéed mushrooms, a poached egg, baby spinach and hollandaise sauce. It was a rather heavy dish for breakfast, although it didn't make me feel sick because of the lack of animal fat, which was great! It was the first time that I tried potato rosti, and it came out differently to what I expected. I thought it was hashbrown like, but instead it's like a big pan fried shredded potato pattie. It was crispy on the outside and soft and mushy on the inside. It was rather strange to be honest, but that's just a personal opinion. Nevertheless, the weird textured of the potato rosti didn't ruin the dish or make it worse, all the right flavours were there!

My mum and brother had the weekday special of eggs any way on toast with bacon. From Monday to Friday during breakfast, Metrio & Co. offer a $11.90 deal for the eggs, toast and bacon, which is a really reasonably priced! My mum had poached eggs and my brother decided to go with the scrambled eggs.

For drinks, I had a flat white with the breakfast and a freshly squeezed juice after. The coffee was silk and smooth, albeit slightly weak. And the juice I ordered was a beetroot, apple, carrot and orange mix. There was a slight ginger flavour however probably due to the shared juicer. This didn't particularly bother me, ginger in fresh juice gives a spicy kick!


Metrio & Co on Urbanspoon