Monday, 30 June 2014

Book Review | Gone Girl

I've decided broaden the subject of my blog, at the moment there's a lot of reviews of cafes and restaurants I've eaten at, and I just want to branch out and do posts about other things I'm interested in like books, film, fashion, holidays and so on. I thought a good place to start is to do a book review! This post's is on Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn, which is a mystery thriller novel based on the disappearance of one of the main characters. I bought this book at the recommendation of a friend and I am so glad I did. This book is simply amazing! It's so thrilling, mysterious, heart-racing and shocking. The book is about this couple called Nick and Amy Dunne, and one morning Amy suddenly disappears and as the investigations go on Nick is put under scrutiny and everyone starts to suspect him. 

Blurb

Gone Girl is very central to the theme of relationships and hidden characters and there is a huge twist in the middle, it will shock you. I was constantly reading it while commuting to uni everyday and thank you Gillian Flynn for writing a book that kept me occupied, interested throughout and entertained during all those forty-minute train and bus rides. Without ruining the book for anyone, the ending was unexpected, I didn't see it coming at all, which is quite frequent through the book. There's also a Gone Girl movie coming out later this year, which I am so excited about! It stars Ben Affleck and Rosamund Pike as the main couple, Nick and Amy Dunne. I'm not sure how the movie is going to turn out, because movie adaptation of books are so hard to get right, but I can't wait to see how they portray Gone Girl! The trailer's below!