Saturday, 5 April 2014

Iconic Icons of London

I really should be doing my two thousand word literature essay right now, instead of making blog posts. I also have a expressive assessment, my art folio and Japanese group presentation due around the same time. I just can't be bothered, I haven't written an essay in a year. I actually can't write it. Oh my God, what am I going to do? I'm seriously deprived of sleep although I get at least eight hours every night, I think there's something seriously wrong with me. Anyway, today's post is about iconic icons of England. Looking at all these photos make me even more depressed because it reminds me that I'm here, stuck in Perth having to do essays. Here are a few photos of things that scream typical London.

























There are so many double decker buses in London! Everywhere I looked there was at least on running along. We didn't get a chance to get on to one though, our primary transportation while we were there was the tube and walking. Everything is so accessible in London, somehow everything is close together yet it's so big.











Is that woman trying to hold Big Ben?
The detail on the clock tower is seriously so beautiful and amazing!



















These photos were taken on Christmas day. The streets were so quiet, there were rarely any buses or cars, all the tube stations were closed for the day, all the shops, everything was closed. Which was a bit of a pain. Especially when you have to go to the toilet. The only place opened on Christmas was Pret a Manger, this chain cafe. And since it was the only one open, everyone had no choice but to go there. We waited at least an hour to go to the toilet, the line was so, so long. It was so busy. So if you're ever in London on Christmas day, don't expect anything to be open, because it won't be, and only go out if you have a really big bladder.