Sunday, 16 February 2014

Eating Out in Paris

Here's another blog post about Parisian food. As you may or may not know from reading my earlier posts, eating out is expensive and consists of lots of fatty foods like cheese and meats etc. Here are some random food pictures I took during our time in Paris.




















This restaurant called Le Luteta (I think that's what it says on the napkin), is on the little island on the Seine river, Ile Saint Louis. I had a super, super cheesy onion soup and my sister had spaghetti bolognese. My soup was so cheesy, I choked on one occasion trying to eat the cheese. Other than that it was nice and salty. Lots of French cafes and restaurants serve pasta as an option.











From left to right, some sort of French prosciutto that is super nice with French bread, onion soup, roasted chicken and chips, creamy chicken pasta, creme caramel, creme brulee and chocolate mousse. We stopped by this restaurant after walking to the Eiffel Tower. The desserts were so filling and yummy. I remember not having enough water.


































This cafe, or rather brasserie is where we had breakfast when we went to Musee du Louvre. European hot chocolate is so different to what we get here in Perth, it's more creamy and subtle and the taste of it isn't as sugary. At Le Corona, our hot chocolates came steaming hot in these cute cups that resemble soup bowls. My sister ate ham and egg crepe, my mum had a cheese and ham omelet, my brother had spaghetti bolognese and I had a quiche Lorraine.